Hey there, cuties! Welcome to La Vita Vivi.
By now we are well into the fall season, and this year I'm especially geared up for ALL the fun fall activities. I recently bought an affordable dry-erase calendar from Amazon so we (really more my boo 😉 ) can keep track of what's going on in our lives. I researched a few activities that I thought would be perfect for this time of year, so I hope you join me as I cross off as many as I can from this bucket list! The activities range from going out to staying in - but all centered around fun fall vibes so you can create the best memories this season.
Are you ready? Let's go!
1. Visit A Pumpkin Patch
- Underwood Family Farms (Open daily 9am-6pm / 3370 Sunset Valley Road, Moorpark, CA 93021)
- Tanaka Farms (Open daily 9am-4:45pm / 1 Irvine Park Road, Orange, CA 92869)
- Mr. Jack O' Lanterns Pumpkin Patch (Open Monday-Thursday 11am-8pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-9pm; Sunday 10am-8pm / 1841 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90028 / 6710 La Jolla Blvd., San Diego, CA 92037)
- Cool Patch Pumpkins (Open daily 9am-7pm / 6150 Dixon Ave. West, Dixon, CA 95620)
- Swank Farms (Open daily 10am-6pm / 600 Acquistapace Rd, Hollister, CA 95023)
2. Craft Your Pumpkin
Extend the "pumpkin-party" by crafting the pumpkins you bring home from the pumpkin patch! You can go the traditional route by carving your pumpkin, or you can paint it with glitter and paint to make it unique.
3. Watch A Drive-In Movie
- Roadium Open Air Market & Drive-In (2500 W Redondo Beach Blvd, Torrance, CA 90504)
- Paramount Drive-In Theatres (7770 Rosecrans Ave, Paramount, CA 90723)
- Electric Dust Drive-In (Van de Kamp Bakery Building: 2930 Fletcher Drive &, N San Fernando Rd, Los Angeles, CA 90065)
- Vineland Drive-In (443 Vineland Ave, City of Industry, CA 91746)
4. Make A Fall Wreath
Keep the crafting going by making a fall wreath! Use fake pumpkins and wire to make it fall-themed, then switch out the fake pumpkins for ornaments during the winter season. This would be great as an activity idea for a socially-distanced zoom party, too.
5. Go Apple Picking
- Riley's Farm (Open Wednesday-Saturday 10am-4pm / 12261 S. Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399)
- Riley's Apple Farm ("Original Riley's" in Oak Glen owned by same family: open Wednesday-Saturday 10am-4pm /12201 S. Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399)
- Stone Soup Farm (Owned by Faith Riley (wife of Riley's Apple Farm's Tim Riley); Open Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm / 12131 S. Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399)
- Parrish Pioneer Ranch (Open Friday-Monday 9am-5pm / 38561 Oak Glen Rd., Yucaipa, CA 92399)
- Los Rios Rancho (Monday-Friday 10am-5pm; Saturday-Sunday 9am-6pm / 39611 Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399)
- Snow-Line Orchard (Open daily 9am-5pm / 39400 Oak Glen Rd., Oak Glen, CA 92399)
- Willowbrook Apple Farm (Open Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm / 12099 S. Oak Glen Rd., Yucaipa, CA 92399)
6. Make An Apple Dessert
Use the apples you bring home from apple picking in a delicious dessert! My pick would be either a caramel apple or an apple crisp - with vanilla ice cream, of course. My other favorites are apple pie, apple galette (super easy but it's basically a tart), baked cinnamon apples and spiced apple cider.
7. Visit A Winery
- Wilson Creek Winery (Open Sunday-Thursday 10am-4pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-8pm / 35960 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA 92591)
- Domaine Carneros Winery (Open daily 10am-5:30pm / 1240 Duhig Rd., Napa, CA 94559)
- St. Clair Brown Winery & Brewery (Open Thursday & Sunday 12pm-6pm; Friday & Saturday 12pm-8pm / 816 Vallejo Street, Napa, CA 94559)
- Buena Vista Historical Winery (Open daily 10am-5pm / 18000 Old Winery Rd, Sonoma, CA 95476)
8. Try Cooking With Wine
Bring home a few of your favorite bottles and try cooking with one of them! Just make sure it's the right type of wine before chucking any kind into a dish - mainly I just mean don't use dessert wines for savory dishes. One of my favorite wine dishes that I'm making this fall is beef bourguignon, which is a French beef stew made with red wine and veggies!
9. Host A Friendsgiving
Don't forget to connect with your loved ones this season! If you don't feel comfortable doing an in-person gathering, you can always set a date and time to meet up for a zoom friendsgiving.
10. Go Camping
Enjoy the outdoors before it gets too cold by going on a quick camping trip! One fun idea if you have a large vehicle (i.e. mini-van) and you don't want to sleep in a tent - sleep in the car! Decorate the inside with battery-operated twinkle lights, fuzzy blankets and throw pillows to make it super cute for the night.
Thank you so much for reading this post! I hope you enjoyed these ideas and give some of them a try this fall. For easy shopping, I've linked everything mentioned in the post down below and in the "LIKEtoKNOW.it" tab under "SHOP" up in the main menu. Make sure to follow me on the LIKEtoKNOW.it app to shop everything I post on Instagram and the blog. If that app isn't your thing, you can always follow my Amazon page where I also share a bunch of my faves, too. Happy fall!
SHOP THE POST
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are mine and belong to lavitavivi.com.