I've had a couple iterations of a blog before I settled on La Vita Vivi, one of which being a travel blog back when I backpacked across Asia after college graduation. Since then, I haven't travelled much besides what I've shared on that old travel blog (linked here) and obviously even more so since Covid. Despite not being an avid traveller - much less a travel blogger at that - I thought I'd round up some of my tips for any fellow non-travelers out there who may be embarking on your next international vacation. I hope you find these tips useful!
- Costco Travel - We used Costco Travel to book our travel amenities for this trip. The package was all-inclusive and came with our hotel stay, flights, and transportation to and from the resort for the flights. You don't have to have a Costco membership to use Costco Travel, but you will get a Costco credit for booking with their travel site. It was incredibly affordable for everything that came with it and convenient since everything was included. We booked a swim-out pool room with a king bed for 2 nights.
- Resort - We stayed at the Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Resort in Cabo, Mexico. The entire resort is all-inclusive for adults only, meaning you pay for dining up-front and don't have to pay for any food or drink during your stay. You can dine and drink as much as you like, which for us made the experience so much more enjoyable since we didn't have to worry about the extra food costs. One of our favorite parts of the trip was the 24-hour room service after long days of traveling and then being in the sun. The overall food quality was decent for the price, but I will say that I think we're used to really good food being from Los Angeles so nothing blew our minds. Again, you get what you're paying for so we felt like it was worth it for the price point. The service was exceptional though - we all kept saying how it was some of the best service we've experienced in any hospitality establishment. Everyone was so kind and we never felt like we were a bother whenever we made a request i.e. shuttling to and from the lobby on a cart, unlimited beverages, directions, etc.
- Climate - One of the most difficult parts for me was the weather. After a long travel day, arriving to an intensely hot and humid climate initially made it difficult to eat and stay hydrated. The next day was a boat day and combined with some drinking - although I didn't drink that much since my tolerance is low anyways - made me nauseous basically for the rest of the trip. Someone asked me on TikTok if the water is warm since they were going in October. We went in late August and the resort swim-out pool and regular pools were not chilled then, making us almost wish that the water was a bit cooler. It was perfect at night though once the temperature cooled down and the breeze picked up. I recommend doing anything you can to stay hydrated and packing Liquid IV to add to your water before, during and even after your trip to help you recover if necessary.
- Travel Essentials & Outfits - I've linked my favorite travel essentials and outfit details below under "Shop The Post", so check that out to see what I packed. I'm obsessed with my new Beis carry-on luggage, too. It's so stylish but functional with the 360-degree wheels, built-in lock system, and the pockets inside. I was able to fit most of my and Wes' belongings in the carry-on and was able to stay organized with all the compartments. Most of my outfits were from Amazon, ShoeDazzle and Fabletics.
- Pets - We just got our new kittens around this time, so we were concerned about leaving them for an extended period especially since they were only a few months old. His mom ended up helping us a lot by visiting them each day. We also have an automatic feeder that works on wifi without bluetooth so they were still fed during the normal times without us there. I know air tags are very popular right now with everyone's luggage going missing during flights, but we purchased pet collars that hold the air tags on them to give us peace of mind that they were safe at home. I've linked all of our kitten essentials in my Amazon storefront if you want to see more of our favorite items.
This was a combined bachelor/ette trip for one of my best friends, so I've been feeling a bit emotional since coming back home. It's just crazy how we have been friends since college and now we are still experiencing big life moments together. I am cherishing the memories made from this trip and can't wait to watch our girl get married (click here to check out another bachelorette trip in Napa, California and make sure to follow my content creation pages below for more fun content from these wedding events!
As always, thanks so much for reading this blog post! Please subscribe to the blog to receive exclusive content for newsletter members. If you want direct links to anything you see, let me know down below in the comments or feel free to click here to email me. I'll send the link to you if the item is still in stock, or a similar style if it's not. Make sure to follow me on the LIKEtoKNOW.it app to shop everything I post on Instagram, TikTok, and the blog. If that app isn't your thing, you can always follow my Amazon page where I also share a bunch of my faves, too. Until next time!
Shop The Post
Disclaimer: All opinions are mine and belong to lavitavivi.com.